Building the High-Level Swing
Baseball and Fastpitch Softball
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE SERIES EVER WRITTEN ABOUT HITTING
About Each Volume
Individual Hitting Fundamentals and Techniques
Enjoy the process as the hitter “constructs their own Rome!”
Building Rome Series guides the baseball and fastpitch softball hitter as they climb, step by step, up the heights of the Roman Coliseum. Each step up incrementally and accumulatively increases the hitter’s power and production.
Like academics, music, and the arts, every player can benefit from starting with basics and gradually adding refinement to their skills. Building the High-Level Swing adheres to this training concept, constructing the batting swing from the ground up.
Building Rome Series provides a functional path, or “road map” to develop young and inexperienced baseball and fastpitch softball players into hitters prepared to succeed at the college level and above, that is, at a High-Level of abilities.
Comprehensive and Detailed
The Ultimate Hitting Fundamentals, Techniques, and Strategy Guide is the most detailed, all-inclusive guide to hitting ever written. Hitting terms and the various hitting strategies used by accomplished hitters are precisely defined. No hitting topic is left uncovered, including today’s productivity optimization of ball exit speed, attack angles, and launch angles.
To become a great hitter, the first task is to figure out what expert performers’ do that makes them so good. The single biggest problem with developing hitters trying to learn to hit is their lack of understanding of what they are trying to achieve. Building Rome Series has done this work for you. The Ultimate Hitting Fundamentals, Techniques, and Strategy Guide identifies and describes what the best hitters do. These movements, executed by all great hitters, are classified as Universal (absolute) fundamentals.
Part III Increase Productivity identifies and describes methods to increase the percentage of hard-hit balls and base hits. Part III begins with a detailed discussion of Timing. Then the hitter constructs Basics for Quality At-Bats, Locations, Off Speed and Movement, and finally, Mental, Strategic, and Situational approaches. The goal is to bring the excellent bat speed to the ball more productively.
Fit to Player Techniques
The swings of successful hitters vary substantially in many non-universal aspects. Each player has different strengths and weaknesses, physically and mentally. Some swing styles are more natural and a better “fit” for some hitters. A primary goal of The Ultimate Hitting Fundamentals, Techniques, and Strategy Guide is to adjust the multitude of these non-universal techniques to be an excellent Fit to Player. Building Rome Series examines contrasting hitting strategies and a wide range of swing options and then recommends how to best fit these choices to the individual athlete to maximize success.
Individual Hitting Drills and Steps
Enjoy the process as the hitter constructions their own Rome!
The Ultimate Hitting Training Guide utilizes modern training methods, with 140 functional drills containing over 500 individual steps to develop the fundamentals and techniques described in The Ultimate Hitting Fundamentals, Techniques, and Strategy Guide. The training guide also incorporates:
- Swing fixes for the most common hitting issues.
- New persuasive scientific methods of learning relating to the development of motor skills.
- How to deliberately practice to make the best use of the time available.
- How to test whether habits are game ready.
- The mental processes used by great hitters during practice and games.
- How to plan a hitting practice for any age group.
- How to build strength, conditioning, and speed for baseball and fastpitch softball hitters.
Step-by-Step Training Plan
Critical Training Elements
- For the highest skill development rate, utilize specific drills that directly target the swing’s essential elements. The hitter should never wonder about any drill’s purpose – it is immediately apparent what function the exercise improves.
- Emphasize and coach powerful and productive intentions. “The mind can achieve what the mind can conceive.”
- Work within the hitter’s strengths while improving weaknesses that affect these strengths. Building Rome Series trains techniques optimizing the abilities of the unique hitter.
- No Irregular Movements.
Drills require a standard batting position and motion.
- Balance Directly Learned vs. Self-Organizing/Constraint Training.
By setting the right tasks and encouraging play/exploration of different variables, the hitter can use their body’s inherent intelligence to hone in on the most productive swing. Great drills balance directly learned (internal focus) movements with these self-organizing training techniques.
- Test for Game Readiness.
Players look great when doing drills, but then in games, they often fail to translate the new skills. To combat this prevailing tendency, drills include a final step to test the improved mechanics for automaticity.
Purchase Building the High-Level Swing from Amazon