Best Bats for Ages 9 and Under
Baseball and Fastpitch Softball
Building Rome Series is glad to bring you our recommendations for the best bats for ages 9 and under.
Before diving into our bat categories, click on our free article How to Choose a Bat in 5 Steps for detailed information about the pros and cons of alloy vs hybrid vs composite and big barrel vs small barrel bats.
In the upcoming recommendations, some excellent bats were ruled out as too heavy for all but the bigger and stronger kids in this age group. We did our best to be diligent in recommending the highest quality and affordable bats for kids under ten wanting to avoid a too-heavy bat where swing speed and barrel control is sacrificed.
We keep this article up-to-date (last revision 2-6-2021). There are a few older bats included in our recommendations because they remain available and offer tremendous value.
Note that the products discussed on our site have been used in our training of hitters with great success. At no extra cost to you, things you buy through our links may earn us a commission.
Here are ten categories of bats and the best bat of each category:
- Best Tee Ball Baseball Bat ($28 – price may change) – Rawlings 2019 Quatro Pro T-Ball Youth Baseball Bat (-11)
Click the link to shop for the Rawlings Quatro Pro!
- Best Tee Ball Fast Pitch Softball Bat ($52 – price may change) – Easton 2019 Ghost X Hyperlite -13 USA Youth Fast Pitch Softball T-Ball Bat
Click the link to shop for the Easton Ghost X Hyperlite!
- Best Value Baseball Bat ($59 – price may change) – Louisville Slugger 2019 Solo SPD (-13) 2 1/2″ Barrel Diameter USA Baseball Bat
Click the link to shop for the Louisville Slugger Solo SPD!
- Best Value Fast Pitch Softball Bat ($37 – price may change) – Easton Ghost 2021 (Aluminum) -11 Girls Youth Fast Pitch Softball Bat
Click the link to shop for the Easton Ghost Aluminum Softball Bat!
- Best Alloy Small Barrel Baseball Bat ($69 – price may change) – DeMarini 2020 Sabotage One (-11) 2 3/8″ Barrel Diameter USA Baseball Bat
Click the link to shop for the DeMarini Sabotage One!
- Best Alloy Big Barrel Baseball Bat ($159 – price may change) – Rawlings 2019 Velo 2 5/8″ Barrel Diameter -11 USA Baseball Bat
Click the link to shop for the Rawlings Velo!
- Best Alloy Fast Pitch Softball Bat ($83 – price may change) – Easton 2021 Crystal -13 Fast Pitch Softball Bat
Click the link to shop for the Easton Crystal!
- Best Hybrid Small Barrel Baseball Bat ($168 – price may change) – DeMarini 2020 Sabotage -12 Drop 2 3/8″ Barrel Diameter Baseball Bat
Click the link to shop for the DaMarini Sabotage!
- Best Composite Big Barrel Baseball Bat ($149 – price may change) – Rawlings 2020 Threat USA 2 5/8″ Barrel Diameter Baseball Bat (-12 Drop)
Click the link to shop for the Rawlings Threat!
- Best Composite Fast Pitch Softball Bat ($168 – price may change) – DeMarini 2020 Spryte (-12) Fast Pitch Softball Bat
Click the link to shop for the DeMarini Spryte!
Hope you had fun shopping through these great bats for your young player. Building Rome Series wishes you fun and success during the upcoming season – should be exciting!
Building Rome Series Blog: The Beginning Hitting Series
Here are the 12 articles contained in The Beginning Hitting Series:
Introduction to the Beginning Hitting Series
Seven Steps to Successful Youth Coaching
Top 5 Priorities for the Beginning Hitter
Improving Vision of the Beginning Hitter
Improving Hand-Eye Coordination
How to Overcome Fear of Being Hit
How to Improve Plate Discipline
Check Swing to Increase Productivity
Develop an Aggressive Batting Swing
Click the link for our Beginning Hitting Series on YouTube.
Building Rome Series Books: Building the High-Level Swing Series
Click Building the High-Level Swing Series to learn more about our new two-book hitting series containing a detailed and comprehensive description of 100 hitting fundamentals and 140 step-by-step drills that efficiently construct the batting swing from the ground up.
In the Building Rome Series of books, the construction of skills are in functional order, providing a “roadmap” to becoming a great hitter.
All baseball and fastpitch softball players can “climb the Roman Coliseum steps” to become a powerful and productive hitter.
Enjoy the quest!
Let us know if you have a favorite bat for a youth hitter. Submit a comment or send us any question using our contact page and we will get right back to you. All the best – Gary.
No email required to submit a comment.